Table of Contents
How to change background of photo? To change the background of a photo, use photo editing software or apps like Photoshop, Canva, or Fotor. Simply open the image, select the background area, and choose the desired color or image to replace it.
You can also adjust the opacity, blur edges, and make other edits for a seamless result. These tools provide intuitive interfaces and step-by-step instructions to make the process quick and easy. Whether you’re looking to remove a distracting background, replace it with a solid color, or add a completely new image, these resources give you the flexibility to customize your photos according to your needs.
5 Simple Steps to Change the Background of Your Photo!
1. Adobe Photoshop (Desktop)
- Open the Image: Launch Photoshop and open the image whose background you want to change.
- Select the Subject: Use selection tools like the Magic Wand, Quick Selection, or the Pen tool to select the subject (or the background to be removed).
- Refine Edges: Go to
Select > Select and Maskto refine your selection edges.
- Remove the Background: Press the
Edit > Clear) to remove the background.
- Insert New Background: Place a new background by going to
File > Place Embeddedand selecting your new background image. Adjust its size and position as needed.
2. GIMP (Desktop – Free)
- Open the Image: Launch GIMP and open your image.
- Select the Subject: Use tools like the Fuzzy Select tool or the Paths tool to select the subject.
- Refine Selection: Use the
Select > Featheroption to slightly feather the edges.
- Remove the Background: Press the
Deletekey or go to
Edit > Clear.
- Insert New Background: Go to
File > Open as Layersand select your new background image. Move this layer below your main image in the Layers palette.
3. Canva (Web & App – Free & Paid versions)
- Upload the Image: Go to Canva and start a new project. Upload your image.
- Remove the Background: Click on your image, and if you have Canva Pro, you’ll see an option to remove the background. Click it.
- Insert New Background: Search for a background within Canva or upload your own. Send it to the back and adjust as needed.
4. PicsArt (Mobile App)
- Open the Image: Launch PicsArt and open your photo.
- Select the Subject: Use the ‘Cutout’ tool to trace around the subject. This will create a sticker of your subject.
- Remove the Background: Apply the sticker over any background you want within the app.
5. Remove.bg (Web & App – Free & Paid versions)
- Upload the Image: Go to the Remove.bg website or app and upload your image.
- Automatic Removal: The tool will automatically remove the background. You can then download the image with a transparent background.
- Insert New Background: Use any of the above-mentioned tools or any other image editor to place your subject on a new background.
- For the best results, work with high-resolution images.
- Refining edges and feathering can make the final result look more natural.
- Remember to save your work in appropriate formats. For images with transparency, PNG is preferable.
It’s worth noting that while some tools and services offer free versions, full features or high-resolution outputs might require payment.
Changing Background On Iphone
When it comes to editing photos on your iPhone, changing the background can enhance the overall look of the image. Whether you want to remove a distracting background or replace it with something more appealing, your iPhone’s built-in editing tools can help you achieve the desired effect. In this article, we will guide you through the process of changing the background on your iPhone using the built-in editing tools.
Using built-in editing tools to change the background
The iPhone offers a range of powerful editing tools that allow you to modify your photos without the need for any third-party apps. Here’s how you can use these tools to change the background of your photo:
- Open the Photos app on your iPhone and select the photo you want to edit.
- Tap on the “Edit” button located at the top right corner of the screen. This will open up the editing options.
- Next, tap on the “…” (three dots) icon to reveal additional editing tools.
- Scroll down and select “Markup” from the list of options.
- In the Markup screen, tap on the “+” (plus) icon at the bottom right corner and choose “Text” from the menu.
- Select the font color toolbar and swipe all the way to the left to access the color picker.
- From the color picker, you can choose a solid color or select the eyedropper tool to sample a color from another area of the photo.
- After selecting the desired color, tap on the “Done” button to apply the changes.
Steps to follow for a seamless background change
If you want to achieve a seamless background change, follow these steps:
- Use the “Selective” tool in the Photos app to select the main subject of the photo.
- Tap on the “…” (three dots) icon and choose “Duplicate” to create a copy of the photo.
- Now, use the “Markup” tool to erase the background of the duplicated photo. You can choose the eraser tool and adjust the size and opacity as needed.
- Once you’ve erased the background, tap on the “+” (plus) icon and select “Photos” to insert a new background image from your photo library.
- Position the new background image behind the main subject and adjust its size and orientation if necessary.
- Finally, tap on the “Done” button to save your changes and create a seamless background change.
Tips for achieving professional-looking results
To ensure your background change looks professional, consider the following tips:
- Choose a background image that matches the overall theme and mood of the original photo.
- Pay attention to lighting and shadows to ensure a realistic blend between the main subject and the new background.
- Use the editing tools available in the Photos app, such as brightness, contrast, and saturation adjustments, to fine-tune the overall look of the photo.
- Experiment with different background colors and textures to find the one that enhances the visual impact of your photo.
- Take advantage of third-party photo editing apps, such as Adobe Photoshop Express or Canva, for more advanced background editing options.
By following these steps and tips, you can change the background of your photos on your iPhone and achieve professional-looking results without the need for complex editing software.
Changing Background With Photoshop
When it comes to changing the background of a photo, Photoshop is one of the most powerful and versatile tools available. With its extensive range of features and tools, you can easily replace a background and create stunning and professional-looking images. In this guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of changing the background using Photoshop.
Importing a background image in Photoshop
The first step in changing the background of a photo in Photoshop is to import the desired background image. To do this, follow these simple steps:
- Open your photo in Photoshop.
- Go to File > Place Embedded.
- Select the background image from your computer and click Place.
- Adjust the size and position of the background image to fit your photo if necessary.
- Click Enter to confirm the changes and place the background image.
Layer stacking order and naming for efficient editing
In order to edit the background and the main subject separately, it is important to organize the layers in Photoshop. Follow these steps to ensure efficient editing:
- Rename the background layer to “Background” for easier identification.
- Create a new layer above the background layer and name it “Main Subject”.
- Ensure that the “Main Subject” layer is selected before making any edits to the main subject.
Selecting and masking the main subject
The next step is to select and mask the main subject in the photo. This will allow you to separate the subject from the background. Here’s how you can do it:
- Select the “Main Subject” layer.
- Choose the selection tool that best suits your needs, such as the Quick Selection Tool or the Pen Tool.
- Carefully outline the main subject, making sure to include all the details.
- Once the selection is complete, right-click and choose “Layer via Copy” to create a new layer with just the main subject.
Fine-tuning the mask for a precise background change
After creating a mask for the main subject, you may need to fine-tune it to achieve a more precise background change. Follow these steps to refine the mask:
- Select the mask layer of the main subject.
- Use the Brush Tool with a soft brush to paint over any areas that need adjustment.
- Use white to reveal and black to conceal parts of the main subject.
- Zoom in for detailed adjustments and take your time to achieve the desired result.
Painting on the layer mask for further refinements
If necessary, you can further refine the mask by painting on the layer mask. Here’s how:
- Select the layer mask of the main subject.
- Choose the Brush Tool with a soft brush.
- Paint with black to conceal and white to reveal areas of the main subject as needed.
- Make sure to use a low opacity brush and work in small strokes for more control.
Matching the light source for a realistic look
Matching the light source is crucial to ensure a realistic look when changing the background. Follow these steps:
- Study the lighting and shadows in the original photo.
- Adjust the brightness, contrast, and color of the main subject and the background image to match.
- Use adjustment layers and blending modes to achieve a seamless transition between the subject and the new background.
Filling transparent areas with Content-Aware Fill
If the new background image leaves transparent areas, you can use Content-Aware Fill to replace those areas with image data from the surrounding areas. Here’s how:
- Select the transparent areas on the background layer.
- Go to Edit > Content-Aware Fill.
- Adjust the settings and click OK to let Photoshop automatically fill in the transparent areas.
Adding depth of field (blur) to match the foreground
To create a cohesive and realistic look, you can add depth of field (blur) to the new background image to match the foreground. Here’s how:
- Make sure the background layer is selected.
- Go to Filter > Blur Gallery > Field Blur.
- Adjust the blur settings to match the depth of field in the original photo.
Adjusting the brightness of layers to create cohesion
To ensure cohesion between the main subject and the new background, you may need to adjust the brightness of the layers. Follow these steps:
- Select the layers you want to adjust (main subject and background).
- Go to Image > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast.
- Make subtle adjustments to the brightness and contrast to create a cohesive look.
Applying color lookup table adjustment for desired effects
To add creative effects and enhance the overall look of your image, you can apply a color lookup table adjustment. Here’s how:
- Select the topmost layer (adjustment layer).
- Go to Layer > New Adjustment Layer > Color Lookup.
- Choose a desired color lookup table preset or create your own custom adjustments.
Final tips and considerations
Here are some final tips and considerations to keep in mind when changing the background of a photo:
- Save your work frequently to avoid losing any progress.
- Experiment with different background images and editing techniques to achieve the desired result.
- Take your time and pay attention to detail for a professional-looking outcome.
- Always keep backups of the original photo in case you need to make any additional changes.
By following these step-by-step instructions and considering the provided tips, you can easily change the background of a photo in Photoshop and create impressive and visually stunning images.
Changing Background To Solid Color
In today’s digital age, changing the background of a photo has become easier than ever. Whether you want to remove distractions from the background or simply enhance the aesthetics of your image, altering the background to a solid color can make a significant difference. With the help of online tools, this task becomes quick, hassle-free, and accessible to everyone. Let’s explore the process of changing the background to a solid color and discover the various free online platforms that can fulfill this purpose.
Using online tools to change the background to a solid color
If you’re looking for a simple and convenient way to change the background of your photo to a solid color, numerous online tools are at your disposal. These tools offer intuitive interfaces and require no technical expertise. All you need is your image and a few clicks to achieve the desired result. Some popular online platforms for changing the background to a solid color include:
- Canva: Canva’s Photo Editor allows you to easily adjust the background color of an image for free. With a user-friendly interface, you can select the background area and change its color using sliders. It also provides additional editing options to enhance your image.
- Fotor: Fotor offers an Automatic Background Changer that detects and removes the background from your photo automatically. You can then replace it with a solid color or choose from various backgrounds, patterns, or landscapes.
- Adobe Photoshop Express: Adobe Photoshop Express is a mobile app that provides a straightforward solution for changing the background. With a few simple steps, you can upload your image and select a solid color background to replace the original.
Steps to follow for a quick and easy background change
Changing the background of a photo to a solid color can be achieved by following these simple steps:
- Upload your image to the chosen online tool.
- Select the background area that you want to change.
- Choose the option to change the background color.
- Use sliders or color palettes to select the desired solid color.
- Preview the changes and make adjustments if necessary.
- Save the edited image with the new solid color background.
Exploring various free online platforms for this purpose
When it comes to changing the background of a photo to a solid color, you have several free online platforms to choose from. Depending on your preferences and requirements, these platforms offer unique features and functionalities. Some popular platforms worth exploring include Canva’s Photo Editor, Fotor’s Automatic Background Changer, and Adobe Photoshop Express. Each platform provides a user-friendly interface and allows you to easily achieve the desired results.
Highlighting the benefits and limitations of this method
Changing the background of a photo to a solid color using online tools offers several benefits. Firstly, it is a quick and easy process that requires no technical skills or expensive software. Secondly, these tools are accessible to everyone with an internet connection, making them suitable for both professionals and amateurs. However, it is essential to understand the limitations of this method. While online tools provide convenience, they may not offer the same level of precision and customization as professional editing software. Additionally, the quality of the final result may vary depending on the complexity and resolution of the original image.
Overall, changing the background of a photo to a solid color using online tools is a practical and effective solution. It allows you to transform your images and enhance their visual appeal with just a few clicks. By following the steps outlined above and exploring different platforms, you can easily achieve the desired outcome and create captivating visuals for various purposes.
Changing Background On Android
Using dedicated photo editing apps to change the background
Changing the background of a photo can completely transform the mood and appearance of an image. Whether you want to replace a distracting background with a more appealing one or create a unique fantasy setting, the process has become increasingly convenient with the help of dedicated photo editing apps. If you’re an Android user looking to change the background of your photos, there are a plethora of apps available that offer a variety of features and functionalities to help you achieve the desired results.
Recommendations for popular Android apps for background editing
When it comes to changing the background of your photos on Android devices, there are several popular apps that are worth considering. These apps provide a user-friendly interface combined with powerful editing tools that can make the background change process a breeze. Here are some top recommendations:
|PhotoRoom||Automatically removes the background from photos, allowing you to replace it with a new image or solid color background.|
|Simple Background Changer||Offers a simple and intuitive interface for removing and replacing backgrounds in photos. Allows you to adjust the transparency of the foreground image for seamless blending.|
|Adobe Photoshop Express||A trusted name in photo editing, this app provides a comprehensive set of tools, including background removal and replacement capabilities.|
Step-by-step instructions for achieving desired results
To change the background of a photo on your Android device using dedicated photo editing apps, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Install and launch your chosen photo editing app from the Google Play Store.
- Select the photo you want to edit from your device’s gallery or camera roll.
- Use the app’s background removal tool to erase the existing background of the photo. You can choose to manually erase or use automatic background removal features, depending on the app you’re using.
- Once the background is removed, you can either select a new image to replace it or choose a solid color background from the app’s library.
- Adjust the position, size, and opacity of the foreground image to ensure a seamless blend with the new background.
- Finally, save your edited photo to your device or share it directly on social media platforms.
Tips and tricks for enhanced background change outcomes
Here are some tips and tricks to enhance the outcome of your background change process:
- Ensure that the foreground image and the new background image are visually compatible in terms of lighting, perspective, and color palette.
- Take advantage of the app’s editing tools to refine the edges of the foreground image for a more polished look.
- Experiment with different background options to find the one that best complements the subject of your photo.
- Consider adding additional effects or adjustments to further enhance the overall appeal of the edited photo.
- Save the original image separately to preserve its integrity and allow for future edits if needed.
With the right app and a little creativity, changing the background of your photos on Android can be an enjoyable and rewarding experience.
Frequently Asked Questions For How To Change Background Of Photo!
1. Do I need professional software to change the background of a photo?
Answer: No, while professional software like Adobe Photoshop offers advanced features, there are many free tools, apps, and online services that allow you to change photo backgrounds with satisfactory results.
2. Can I change the background of a photo on my smartphone?
Answer: Yes, there are numerous mobile apps like PicsArt, PhotoLayers, and Background Eraser available for both Android and iOS that enable you to change photo backgrounds.
3. Is it possible to automatically remove backgrounds from photos?
Answer: Yes, tools like Remove.bg and some features in Canva Pro utilize AI to automatically detect and remove backgrounds from photos.
4. Why do my edited photos have a white background instead of being transparent?
Answer: This could be due to saving the image in a format that doesn’t support transparency (like JPG). To maintain transparency, save your image as a PNG.
5. How do I make the new background match my subject better?
Answer: You can adjust brightness, contrast, color balance, and sharpness to ensure that the subject and background match. Many photo editing tools have these adjustment features.
6. Can I blur the background instead of changing it?
Answer: Yes, many photo editing tools offer a ‘blur’ feature. This can create a depth-of-field effect, making the subject stand out more.
7. How do I ensure that the edges of my subject don’t look too sharp or jagged after background removal?
Answer: Use feathering or edge-smoothing tools/features available in most photo editing software. They soften the edges for a more natural look.
8. Are there any copyright issues with using new backgrounds from the internet?
Answer: Yes, always ensure that you have the rights to use any images you find online. Opt for royalty-free or Creative Commons licensed images, or purchase licenses when required.
9. Why does hair often look unnatural when changing backgrounds?
Answer: Hair can be challenging because of its fine, intricate details. Using advanced tools like Photoshop’s “Select and Mask” or similar features in other software can help refine the selection around hair.
10. Is there a way to batch-remove backgrounds from multiple photos at once?
Answer: Some online tools, like Remove.bg, offer batch processing, but this might be a premium feature. Desktop software like Photoshop also allows for batch processing with the right scripts or actions.
11. How To Change A Picture Background?
To change a picture background, you can use various methods such as editing apps like Adobe Photoshop Express or Fotor’s background changing tool. In these apps, you can select the desired tool, remove the background, and edit the image using multiple layers.
Alternatively, you can change the background color using Canva’s photo editor by adjusting sliders under the “Select area” option.
12. Is There A Free Way To Change Photo Background?
Yes, there are free online tools and apps available to change the background of a photo. Some popular options include Automatic Background Changer and Fotor’s background changing tool. You can easily upload your photo and these tools will automatically detect and remove the background, allowing you to change it to anything you want, such as solid colors, patterns, textures, or landscape photos.
Additionally, you can use apps like Adobe Photoshop Express on your mobile device for a more advanced background editing experience.
13. What App Is Used To Change The Background Of A Picture?
The Adobe Photoshop Express app is commonly used to change the background of a picture.
14. How Do I Change The Background Of A Picture On My Iphone?
To change the background of a picture on your iPhone, follow these steps:
1. Open the photo in an app like Adobe Photoshop Express or Fotor.
2. Use the background changing tool to remove the current background.
3. Select a new background from solid colors, patterns, textures, or even landscape photos.
4. Edit and adjust the image as desired using the app’s features.
5. Save the edited photo with the new background.
Changing the background of a picture on your iPhone is easy with the right photo editing app.
Changing the background of a photo can greatly enhance its visual impact and make it stand out. With the right tools and techniques, anyone can easily transform the background of their photos and create stunning visual compositions. Whether you use photo editing software like Photoshop or opt for mobile apps like Adobe Photoshop Express or Snapseed, the process is simple and intuitive.
By adjusting the background color, applying artistic effects, or removing the background altogether, you can completely change the look and feel of your photos. Online tools like Canva and Fotor also offer free options to change the background of an image, making it accessible to everyone.
So don’t settle for boring backgrounds, unleash your creativity and explore the possibilities of changing the background to enhance the visual impact of your photos. Step out of the ordinary and create extraordinary visuals that capture attention and leave a lasting impression.