Table of Contents
How my iphone 7 plus wont turn on? To solve the problem of an iphone 7 plus not turning on, try force restarting the device by holding down the home and power buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. If your iphone 7 plus isn’t turning on, it could be due to a variety of issues.
The first step to solve this problem is to attempt to force restart the device by holding down the home and power buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. This can help clear any glitches that may be preventing the phone from turning on.
If this action doesn’t work, a depleted battery or hardware malfunction may be the cause, and it’s recommended to bring the device to an authorized repair center or contacting apple support for further assistance. Remember always to back up your phone before any significant troubleshooting steps, to avoid the risk of losing data.
Is Your Iphone 7 Plus Really Dead? How To Diagnose The Problem
Your iphone 7 plus has been acting up, and now it won’t even turn on. Before you rush to the apple store and spend money on repairs, there may be a simpler solution. Diagnosing the problem can save you time, money, and unnecessary stress.
Discuss The Importance Of Properly Diagnosing The Problem Before Attempting Any Solutions
Rushing to conclusions can be a costly mistake, especially when it comes to iphone repairs. Properly diagnosing the issue can save you time, money, and a headache. Take the necessary steps to identify the issue at hand before attempting any solutions.
Provide A List Of Symptoms That May Indicate A Problem Beyond A Simple Dead Battery
If your iphone 7 plus won’t turn on, it might not necessarily be a dead battery. Here are some additional symptoms that may indicate a deeper issue:
- Screen remains black or dark
- Iphone won’t charge
- Iphone won’t restore in itunes
- Iphone makes strange noises while attempting to turn on
- Iphone overheats
Introduce The Concept Of A Hard Reset And Explain How To Perform One
A hard reset might be the solution if your iphone 7 plus won’t turn on. Follow these quick steps to reset your iphone:
- Hold down the sleep/wake and volume down buttons simultaneously.
- Continue holding both buttons for at least 10 seconds while ignoring the ‘slide to power off’ prompt.
- Release both buttons when the apple logo appears on the screen.
After your iphone restarts, check if it boots up normally. If it still fails to turn on, you may want to try other solutions or contact an expert.
By following these simple steps, you can diagnose the issue and potentially save yourself unnecessary repairs. Taking the time to identify the problem can be the difference between a quick fix and a significant expense.
Solution 1: Charge Your Iphone
Discuss The Importance Of Fully Charging The Iphone Before Attempting Any Additional Solutions.
One of the most common reasons why an iphone won’t turn on is that its battery is drained. So, it’s essential to charge the device before trying any other solutions. Charging the battery helps the iphone to reboot and reset any minor issues that may be causing the problem.
How To Charge An Iphone That Won’T Turn On.
To charge your iphone, follow these steps:
- Connect the iphone to a power source, whether it’s a wall adapter or a computer.
- Use an official apple charging cable, as other cables may be incompatible with your iphone device.
- Wait for at least 15 minutes while the iphone charges. After that, try to turn it on.
- If your iphone still won’t turn on, leave it connected to the charger for at least an hour before attempting any other solutions.
Common Issues That May Prevent The Phone From Charging And How To Troubleshoot Them.
Here are some of the most common issues that may hinder your iphone from being charged and the ways to troubleshoot them:
- Broken charging cable: Inspect the charging cable to make sure it’s not broken, frayed or damaged in any way. If it is, replace the cable with a new one.
- Damaged charging port: Check the charging port for any damage or debris and clean it with a soft and dry cloth if necessary. If this doesn’t work, take your iphone to a professional and have the charging port fixed.
- Dead battery: If you don’t see any charging symbol within a few minutes of plugging in your iphone, the battery may be completely drained. In this case, you need to leave your iphone plugged in for at least an hour before attempting to turn it on.
- Bad wall outlet or power source: Try charging your iphone from a different wall outlet or usb port to see if the issue is with the power source.
By following these simple steps, you’ll be able to charge your iphone and bring it back to life. Once your device is on, you can proceed to try any other solutions that may be required.
Solution 2: Check Your Iphone’S Lightning Cable
Check Your Iphone’S Lightning Cable: Importance Of Ensuring Proper Connection
Have you ever faced this situation where you plug in your iphone 7 plus to charge, and it doesn’t turn on even after several attempts? One of the most common reasons why your iphone won’t turn on is a problem with the lightning cable.
In fact, it is the first thing you should check when your phone doesn’t turn on. However, many people overlook this aspect and jump to conclusions that their iphone battery has died or it’s a software problem.
Ensuring that your iphone is properly connected to its charging cable is vital to get your phone up and running. A loose connection, a broken cable or a faulty charger can all contribute to the problem of your iphone not turning on.
Following are the steps that can aid in identifying and addressing potential cable issues.
Identifying Potential Cable Issues: Step-By-Step Instructions
- The first step is to check the charger connection. Ensure that your iphone is plugged into the charger and it is correctly connected.
- Check the charging port on your device. If you see any dirt or debris in the port, use a toothbrush or a soft brush to remove it gently.
- Inspect the lightning cable for any signs of wear and tear. Check both ends of the cable to see if there is any visible damage.
- If the damage is visible, replace the charging cable with a new one. It is always a good idea to have an additional charging cable handy.
- If your iphone still doesn’t turn on even after replacing the charging cable, try using a different wall adapter or usb port.
- Another solution is to force restart your iphone. To do this, hold down the power button and volume down button until the apple logo appears on the screen.
- If these steps don’t work, contact apple support or visit an apple store near you.
It is essential to keep your charging cable and charging port clean to ensure the smooth functioning of your iphone. Also, make sure to buy apple certified charging cables to avoid any potential damage to your device. Always start with the basics and check the lightning cable before jumping to any conclusions about your iphone’s problem.
Solution 3: Force Restart Your Iphone
Discuss The Benefits Of Performing A Soft Reset To Resolve Iphone Power Issues.
When you encounter an iphone power-related problem, the first thing that comes to mind is to soft reset your device. Soft resetting an iphone allows you to restart your device without erasing its content and settings. This means that it can help resolve minor software glitches that could be affecting your iphone’s performance.
Performing a soft reset can be beneficial in resolving various iphone power issues. Here are some of the benefits:
- It can help fix minor software glitches that may be causing the issue.
- It can improve your device’s performance by clearing up any temporary files or processes running in the background.
- Soft resetting an iphone will not cause data loss, and you won’t have to restore your device from a backup afterward.
To soft reset your iphone 7 plus, follow these steps:
Provide Step-By-Step Instructions For Performing A Force Restart On An Iphone 7 Plus.
A force restart is another way to resolve power-related issues on your iphone 7 plus. Unlike a soft reset, force restarting your iphone can help fix more complex problems in your device’s software.
Here’s how to force restart your iphone 7 plus:
- Press and hold the power button and the volume down button simultaneously.
- Hold both buttons for about 10 seconds, or until you see an apple logo appear on the screen.
- Release both buttons and wait for your iphone to complete the restart process.
Once your iphone 7 plus has restarted, check if the issue has been resolved. If not, try performing another force restart, resetting your device’s settings, or restoring it from a backup. If none of these solutions work, it may be time to take your iphone to a professional repair service.
Solution 4: Connect Your Iphone To Your Computer
If your iphone 7 plus is not responding to any attempts to turn it on, connecting it to your computer could be the solution you need. Here are the benefits of attempting this connection:
- Your computer will check your iphone’s firmware, and if updates are needed, it will download these for you.
- Once connected, you can use itunes to restore your iphone, crucial if this is a software issue.
- You can also use itunes to reset your iphone back to its factory settings.
To connect your non-responsive iphone 7 plus to your computer using itunes, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Launch itunes on your computer, either by opening the program or typing “itunes” into your search bar.
- Use a usb cable to connect your iphone to your computer. If prompted, select “trust this computer” on your iphone to allow connectivity.
- Click the iphone icon that appears in the itunes window.
- Click “summary” from the left-hand menu.
- Choose “restore iphone” if you want to use itunes to restore your iphone, or choose “restore backup” to restore it to a previous, working version.
- Wait for itunes to complete the process.
Keep in mind that there are several common issues that can prevent a successful connection between your iphone and computer. Troubleshoot by:
- Making sure you have the latest version of itunes installed.
- Ensuring your usb cable is functional and in good condition.
- Checking your computer’s security settings to make sure they are not blocking itunes.
- Putting your iphone into recovery mode before making the connection if the issue is a damaged operating system.
Connecting your iphone 7 plus to your computer with itunes is a great solution when your phone won’t turn on. With this simple step-by-step guide, you can troubleshoot and fix common iphone issues with ease.
Solution 5: Visit An Apple Store
Sometimes, all the solutions we try at home can do nothing to solve the issue of an iphone that refuses to turn on. This is where professional help from an apple store can be of great assistance. Here’s what you can expect when you visit an apple store for help:
- Appointment: You’ll need to book an appointment beforehand because stores usually don’t take walk-ins for lengthy repairs.
- Verification: You’ll be asked to produce your iphone’s proof of purchase for verification.
- Diagnosis: Trained apple technicians will diagnose the problem using advanced technology and tools to pinpoint the issue.
- Explain the problem: Once the diagnosis is complete, the technician will explain the root cause of the issue and whether they can fix it at the store or if you need to leave your iphone for repair.
- Solution: If the technician can resolve the problem at the store, they’ll proceed with the repair and inform you of the charges for the service.
Discuss The Importance Of Seeking Professional Help When All Else Fails
Attempting to fix an iphone that won’t turn on is a daunting task, especially if you’ve exhausted all the possible solutions that we’ve discussed. Here are some reasons why you should consider seeking professional help:
- Apple trained technicians: Apple staff are highly trained and certified to handle any iphone-related fault. Their knowledge and experience with the brand’s technology are unmatched.
- Correct diagnosis: Without the right tools and knowledge, it may be difficult to pinpoint the cause of the problem. This can lead to further issues if you attempt to fix the device yourself.
- Proper tools and technology: Apple stores have access to all the tools and equipment required to repair your iphone quickly and efficiently.
- Safety: Apple technicians take precautions to ensure that the iphone remains safe and secure throughout the repair process.
- Warranties: If your iphone is covered under an apple warranty, any repairs done will be free of charge or at a reduced rate.
Visiting an apple store for help with your non-responsive iphone is your best option. The trained staff, tools, and technology will ensure the problem is resolved quickly and to a high standard.
Frequently Asked Questions On My Iphone 7 Plus Wont Turn On
Why Won’T My Iphone Turn On?
There could be a lot of reasons why your iphone won’t turn on. However, the most common reason is a drained battery. Your iphone’s battery might be completely drained, or the charging cable or charger itself may be faulty.
What Should I Do If My Iphone Won’T Turn On?
If your iphone won’t turn on, the first thing you should do is try charging it. Try using a different charging cable or wall adapter. If it still doesn’t work, try force restarting your iphone. If all else fails, visit an apple store or authorized service center.
How Do I Force Restart My Iphone 7 Plus?
To force restart an iphone 7 plus, press and hold the power button and volume down button at the same time for a few seconds. Keep holding them until the apple logo appears on your screen. Your iphone will restart shortly after.
How Long Does It Take To Charge An Iphone 7 Plus?
A fully drained battery on an iphone 7 plus can be charged in about 2 to 3 hours using a lightning cable and a wall adapter. However, charging times may vary depending on the charging cable, adapter, and the power source you are using.
Using the iphone while charging may also affect the charging time.
What If My Iphone 7 Plus Still Won’T Turn On After Trying Everything?
If you’ve tried charging your iphone, force restarting it, and using a different charging cable or adapter, yet it still won’t turn on, there may be a deeper issue with the device. It’s best to bring your iphone to an apple store or authorized service center for diagnostics and repairs.
If your iphone 7 plus won’t turn on, it can be a stressful and frustrating experience. However, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue. First, check the battery by charging your device for at least half an hour.
If that doesn’t work, try force restarting your iphone by pressing and holding both the home and power buttons. If these steps don’t work, it may be a hardware issue that requires professional assistance. You can contact apple support or bring your iphone to an authorized repair center for further diagnosis.
Remember, it’s vital to take good care of your iphone to avoid these issues in the first place. Always handle your device with care, avoid dropping it, and keep it away from water and extreme temperatures. By following these guidelines, you can enjoy using your iphone 7 plus to the fullest.