Table of Contents
How to send youtube link with timestamp on mobile? To send a YouTube link with a timestamp on mobile, copy the video URL, add “&t=XXs” (replace “XX” with the desired time in seconds), and share the modified link. YouTube is a popular platform for sharing and streaming videos, and sometimes, you may want to share a video with a specific timestamp to highlight a particular section.
While it may seem challenging on a mobile device, it’s actually quite simple. We will guide you on how to send a YouTube link with a timestamp on your mobile device. By following a few easy steps, you’ll be able to direct your friends or colleagues to a specific moment in a video without any hassle.
So, let’s dive in and learn how to send YouTube links with timestamps on mobile.
How To Send Youtube Link with Timestamp on Mobile: Step By Step!
If you want to share a YouTube video link with a specific timestamp (so the recipient starts watching from a particular moment) using a mobile device, follow these steps:
On the YouTube Mobile App (iOS or Android):
- Open the YouTube app and navigate to the video you wish to share.
- Play the video and pause it at the moment from which you want to share.
- Tap on the “Share” icon (it typically looks like an arrow or a connected node network).
- In the share options, you should see a toggle or checkbox that says something like “Start at [time]”. Ensure this is checked or toggled on.
- Choose how you want to share the link (e.g., via a messaging app, email, or copy link).
- Once you paste or send the link, it will have a format like
[video_id]is the unique identifier for the video and
[seconds]is the start time in seconds.
On Mobile Web Browser:
If you’re using a mobile web browser to access YouTube, the process is a bit different:
- Play the video and pause it at the moment you want to share.
- Tap on the “Share” button below the video.
- A window will pop up with an option to “Start at [time]”. Make sure it’s checked.
- Now, tap on “Copy” to copy the link with the timestamp.
- You can then paste and share this link as needed.
When the recipient clicks on the shared link, the YouTube video will begin playing from the specified timestamp.
How To Link To A Specific Part In A Youtube Video?
Linking to a specific part in a YouTube video can be done using timestamps. Here’s how:
- Open the video and pause at the desired point.
- Right-click on the video and select “Copy video URL at current time.”
- Share this link with others, and when they click on it, the video will start playing from the exact moment you paused it.
This feature is useful for sharing specific moments or highlights in a video with others. Happy linking!
Benefits Of Youtube Timestamps
The practice of using Youtube timestamps has gained popularity in recent years due to their numerous benefits. By adding timestamps to your Youtube links, you can enhance user experience significantly. Viewers no longer need to watch the entire video to find the specific part they are interested in. The timestamps allow them to jump directly to the relevant section, saving them valuable time.
This convenience not only keeps viewers engaged but also increases the likelihood of them sharing the video with others, helping to increase overall engagement. Additionally, timestamps can be particularly useful for tutorial videos, allowing users to quickly navigate to the step they need assistance with. By implementing this simple feature, content creators can improve the accessibility and user-friendliness of their content, ultimately attracting and retaining more viewers.
Step 1: Find The Right Video
How to Send Youtube Link With Timestamp on Mobile
- Open the Youtube app
- Search for the desired video
Sending a Youtube link with a timestamp on mobile is a straightforward process. To begin, open the Youtube app on your mobile device. Once you’re in the app, use the search bar to find the video you want to share. Make sure to enter the appropriate keywords or the video’s title to get accurate results. Once you’ve found the desired video, tap on it to open it. Next, navigate to the timestamp by scrolling along the video’s timeline until you reach the desired moment.
Pause the video at that specific timestamp, and then tap on the share button located beneath the video player. From the share menu, you can select various options to share the video link, such as through messaging apps or social media platforms. Additionally, you can also copy the video link and manually share it through other means such as email or chat applications. Following these simple steps, you’ll be able to share Youtube links with timestamps conveniently and swiftly.
Step 2: Navigate To The Desired Timestamp
Play the video and pause at the desired timestamp. To send a YouTube link with a timestamp on your mobile device, follow these simple steps:
- Open the YouTube app on your mobile device.
- Search for the video you want to share.
- Tap on the video to start playing it.
- Pause the video at the desired timestamp by tapping on the screen to reveal the controls, and then using the pause button.
- Tap on the “Share” button, usually represented by an arrow pointing to the right.
- A pop-up menu will appear with various sharing options. Tap on the option you prefer, such as “Copy link” or “Share via messaging app”.
- The YouTube link with the timestamp will be copied to your clipboard or shared via the selected app, ready to be sent to your desired recipient.
Step 3: Create The Timestamp Link
To send a Youtube link with a timestamp on mobile, follow these steps:
- Go to the Youtube app on your mobile device.
- Search for the video you want to share.
- Tap the video to start playing it.
- Pause the video at the desired timestamp.
- Tap the share button, usually represented by an arrow pointing out of a box.
- From the share options, select the option to copy the link with timestamp.
Once you have copied the link with timestamp, you can simply paste it into a message or any other platform to share it with others. This allows the recipient to directly watch the video from the specified timestamp, without needing to manually seek to that point in the video themselves.
Method 1: Direct Share
To send a YouTube link with a timestamp on mobile, you can use the direct share method. First, select your preferred sharing method, such as a messaging app or social media platform. Then, paste the copied timestamped link and send it to the recipient. This way, the recipient will be able to access the video directly at the specified timestamp. You can easily share specific moments in YouTube videos, allowing others to jump straight to the desired part of the video without having to watch it from the beginning. Take advantage of this feature to share interesting or important portions of videos with others on mobile devices.
Method 2: Manual Sharing
To send a YouTube link with a timestamp on mobile, you can use manual sharing. Firstly, open the desired sharing platform. Then, compose a message or post in which you want to include the timestamped YouTube link. Lastly, insert the timestamp link in your message or post. Manual sharing allows you to have full control over the content you want to share and the ability to customize your message or post according to your preferences.
This method is particularly useful when you want to share specific parts of a video with others, making it easier for them to navigate directly to the relevant section. Manual sharing ensures a seamless experience for both the sender and receiver, enhancing the overall user experience on mobile devices. So, next time, easily send a YouTube link with a timestamp on your mobile using the manual sharing method.
Customize Your Message
To send a YouTube link with a specific timestamp on mobile, you can customize your message to provide a brief description or context. Personalizing the message will help you better engage your audience. By adding a few words about why you are sharing the video or why a particular timestamp is significant, you can make the message more tailored and interesting.
When you send the link, make sure to include the timestamp in the URL by adding “?t=” followed by the number of seconds the video should start at. This way, when the recipient opens the link, the video will automatically start playing from the specified timestamp. Remember, taking the time to customize your message and provide context will make your YouTube link more impactful and increase the chances of your audience engaging with the shared content.
Use Timestamps In Different Scenarios
To send a YouTube link with a timestamp on mobile, you can make use of timestamps in various scenarios. Firstly, you can embed timestamps in video reviews to provide specific references to certain moments in the video. This allows viewers to jump directly to the relevant part of the review.
Secondly, timestamps can be useful in tutorials or lectures, enabling you to share specific moments or steps that are important. Instead of watching the entire video, viewers can easily navigate to the specific section they need.
Lastly, timestamps can help highlight funny or interesting moments in vlogs. By adding timestamps to these moments, viewers can quickly access and enjoy these particular parts of the vlog.
By using timestamps effectively, you can enhance user experience and make it easier for your audience to navigate and engage with your video content.
Utilize Timestamp Sharing Features
Learn how to send a YouTube link with a specific timestamp on your mobile device using timestamp sharing features. It’s a convenient way to share a video starting at a particular time, saving your recipients from having to manually fast forward to that point.
Timestamp sharing is a valuable feature that allows you to share specific moments within a Youtube video on different platforms. On mobile devices, you can conveniently utilize timestamp sharing on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit to provide your audience with a more precise and engaging viewing experience.
To share a Youtube link with a timestamp, simply navigate to the desired moment in the video and pause it. Next, tap on the share button and select the platform you want to share the video on. The link generated will automatically include the timestamp, ensuring that when your audience clicks on the link, they are taken directly to the specific moment you want them to see.
Platform-specific features offer even more versatility in timestamp sharing. For example, on Twitter, you can add a comment or hashtag to the shared link, providing further context or categorization. Facebook allows you to post the video with the timestamp directly on your wall or within a group. Reddit, being a community-driven platform, enables you to engage in discussions by sharing the timestamped link in relevant subreddits.
How To Send Youtube Link with Timestamp on Mobile: Troubleshoot!
Sharing a YouTube link with a timestamp on mobile is typically straightforward, but users may encounter some issues. Here are common problems and their respective solutions:
1. “Start at” Option Not Displayed
- Problem: When trying to share a video, the “Start at [time]” option doesn’t appear.
- Solution: Make sure the video is paused at the desired timestamp before tapping the “Share” button. If it still doesn’t show up, try restarting the YouTube app.
2. Timestamp Link Doesn’t Work
- Problem: The recipient clicks on the link, but the video starts from the beginning instead of the specified timestamp.
- Solution: Manually add the timestamp to the link. The format is
Xis minutes and
Yis seconds. For example,
https://youtu.be/video_id?t=2m15swill start the video at 2 minutes and 15 seconds.
3. Unable to Copy the Link
- Problem: After selecting “Share” and then “Copy link”, the link doesn’t get copied to the clipboard.
- Solution: Try copying the link again. If it still doesn’t work, consider using your device’s manual copy function by long-pressing on the link.
4. Shared Link Doesn’t Open in the YouTube App
- Problem: When the recipient clicks on the shared link, it opens in a web browser instead of the YouTube app.
- Solution: This can be due to the recipient’s phone settings. They might need to set YouTube app links to always open in the app. Alternatively, suggest that they copy and paste the link directly into the YouTube app’s search bar.
5. Timestamp Link Works on Desktop but Not on Mobile (or vice-versa)
- Problem: The link with the timestamp works on one platform but not on another.
- Solution: Make sure the timestamp format is correct. Both
?t=Ys(just seconds) formats should work across platforms. If one format is problematic, try the other.
6. YouTube App Crashes When Sharing
- Problem: The YouTube app closes or crashes when attempting to share a video with a timestamp.
- Solution: Ensure the YouTube app is updated to the latest version. If the problem persists, try clearing the app’s cache (for Android) or uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
7. Delayed Start Despite Timestamp
- Problem: The video starts a few seconds before or after the specified timestamp.
- Solution: This can be due to buffering or the way YouTube processes the timestamp request. Adjust the timestamp slightly to account for this delay when sharing.
8. Shared Link Opens Different Video
- Problem: The shared link opens a different video than intended.
- Solution: This is rare but can happen if there was an error when copying the link. Make sure you copy the link properly and always test the link before sharing it with others.
Remember, when encountering issues with apps, it’s always a good practice to check for app updates, as many bugs or issues get addressed in newer versions. If problems persist, checking the official support forums or reaching out to YouTube’s support can also be beneficial.
Frequently Asked Questions On How To Send Youtube Link With Timestamp On Mobile!
1. What is a YouTube timestamp link?
A timestamp link allows you to share a YouTube video that starts playback from a specific time, rather than from the beginning.
2. Can I add multiple timestamps to a single YouTube link?
No, you can only specify one start time with a timestamp link. However, you can add multiple timestamps in the video description or comment section to guide viewers to different parts of the video.
3. Will the timestamp link work on all devices?
Yes, a properly formatted timestamp link should work on desktop computers, mobile devices, and most tablet devices, whether in-app or in a web browser.
4. Why is my timestamp link not working?
Ensure you’ve formatted the link correctly. Also, the recipient should check their internet connection and make sure they’re using an updated version of the YouTube app or browser.
5. Can I create a timestamp link on a live YouTube video?
Timestamps are typically used for static video content. While you can potentially share a “current time” link during a live video, the functionality might not be the same as with regular videos, especially if the live video is still ongoing.
6. How do I manually add a timestamp to a YouTube link?
?t=XmYs to the video URL, where
X is the number of minutes and
Y is the number of seconds into the video where you want it to start. For example,
7. Do timestamps work in YouTube comments and descriptions?
Yes! In YouTube comments and video descriptions, you can type a time (e.g.,
2:15), and it will automatically become a clickable timestamp that takes viewers to that time in the video.
8. Does the timestamp feature work on private or unlisted videos?
Yes, as long as the recipient has permission to view the video (e.g., they have the link to an unlisted video), the timestamp will work.
9. Will ads interfere with the timestamp link?
If the YouTube video has ads enabled, the viewer might still see an ad before the video starts, even if a timestamp link is used. The video should start from the specified timestamp after the ad.
10. What if I want to share a video that ends at a specific time, not just starts at one?
Currently, YouTube doesn’t offer a native way to specify an end time for playback. You can only set a start time. If you need to showcase a specific segment, consider making a shorter clip or directing viewers to watch from one timestamp to another.
11. How Do I Send A Youtube Link With Timestamp On Mobile?
To send a Youtube link with timestamp on mobile, pause the video at the desired time, tap on the share button, select the platform you want to share it on, and the timestamp will automatically be appended to the link.
Sharing YouTube links with timestamps on mobile devices doesn’t have to be a complicated task. By following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily share specific moments of a video with your friends and colleagues. Whether you’re using the YouTube app or a messaging platform, this handy feature allows you to curate and direct the attention to the most relevant parts of a video.
Enhance your sharing experience by utilizing timestamps on YouTube today!