Table of Contents
Whenever you go to a karaoke party, you will see people singing and wandering with their own microphones. That time, you surely have wondered How To Connect Karaoke Mic To Computer?
Just plug the microphone into the line-in port of the computer, turn on the mic, increase the volume, launch your favorite video from the PC, and you are ready to sing along with it.
In our article below, we have described every step in detail. We have also answered all the probable queries to hook up the microphone & computer. So, let’s not dilly dally and jump in for further details.
How To Karaoke On PC? Check The Step By Step Guidelines Now!
Take the karaoke mic and plug it into the “Line-In” port of the computer.
- Switch on the speakers and increase their volume.
- Once the volume is loud enough, you will be able to hear yourself when you talk through the mic.
Go to your preferred online site like- YouTube and launch the karaoke video to sing along with it.
- Once the video starts, the lyrics of the songs will be visible on the screen.
- Sing along with the lyrics.
- Now you can hear yourself as well as the music through the speakers.
How Do I Use A USB MIC With Karaoke On a PC?
Step 1:Take the USB microphone and plug it into the USB port of the computer.
Turn on the microphone.
Most USB mics come with a driver installation CD. Insert that fisk and follow the installation procedure.
Turn on the computer speakers and adjust the volume if required.
Keep the controller nearby to have better control while you sing.
Select your preferred karaoke program from the computer.
If you already know the lyrics, you can also play a music CD or audio track instead.
Now once the connection is established, test & adjust it.
How To Connect A Condenser Mic To a Computer?
Equipment You Require:
- An audio interface.
- Condenser Microphone.
- XLR cable.
- USB to USB-C adapter (Optional).
- Pop filter, boom arm, shock mount.
Step 1: Connect The Audio Interface To The Computer
- In most cases, you will require to connect the USB to USB-C adapter to the computer.
- Connect your audio interface to the PC by the adaptor.
- Once the connection is established, you will notice several lights on some switches & gain knobs.
Step 2: Connect The Condenser Mic To Audio Interface
- Take an XLR cable to establish a connection between the condenser mic & audio interface.
- Always keep the gain low.
- Increase it around halfway once you are used to it.
Step 3: Switch On The Phantom Power
- Observe the buttons, and you will notice one stating 48V. It Is the phantom power.
- Turn it on as condenser mics can’t function without phantom power.
Step 4: Set Up The Input From System Preferences
If the PC can’t recognize the condenser microphone, set it up from system preferences.
- Tap on ‘Sound’ and open up the input section.
- Select your audio interface, and that’s all.
As condenser mics are quite sensitive and can capture fine details, it’s ideal for installing a shock mount. Some condenser mics may come with a shock mount as a set. If not, invest in one separately.
What if you have a dynamic microphone instead of a condenser microphone? How to connect a dynamic mic to a PC?
Setting up a dynamic mic is not complicated at all. Almost all the procedures are the same. Just skip the phantom power button, as dynamic mics don’t require phantom power to function. So, Hook up the audio interface with the computer and connect the interface with a dynamic microphone via XLR cable. Set up the input settings, and you are ready to go!
How To Connect Wireless Karaoke Microphone To PC?
Till now, we were focused on wireless microphones; now, let’s focus on a typical wireless karaoke microphone.
How Does A Wireless Microphone Work?
The basic technology of the wireless microphone is as same as the wired ones.
- Wireless mics can create audio signals.
- A transmitter sets up the audio signal with a radio signal and transmits it to the receiver.
- The receiver again converts into an audio signal.
- If this audio signal is analog in nature, it is converted to a digital signal via an Analogue Digital Converter (ADC).
ADC is usually available within the audio interface. It can also be a built-in feature of the computer or receiver.
Now let’s see how well you connect my wireless karaoke microphone to the laptop?
Step 1: Connect The Mic With The Transmitter
Generally, you need to hook the mic with the transmitter physically. Nowadays, many handheld microphones are equipped with built-in receivers in their handles.
Step 2: Hook Up The Transmitter With The Receiver Wirelessly
Transmitters are responsible for transferring both analog and digital signals through the air by embedding them within the radio wave.
Step 3: Connect The Receiver Physically With The Audio Interface
Receivers are designed to receive signals from the transmitter. It can decode the signal from the radio wave, whether it is a digital signal or an analog signal.
Step 4: Audio Interface Connect With The Computer
If you have a digital signal, you won’t really require the audio interface as the computer can understand a digital signal.
If the output is analog, the audio interface will convert it into a digital signal and will connect it to the computer.
You can also use the audio interface for connecting the computer with multiple microphones.
How Do I Use An External Microphone On Windows?
- Firstly, hook up the microphone with the PC.
- Click on start and turn on the settings option.
- Go to the system and enter into the sound settings.
- Now choose your microphone from the input device list.
Steps To Test A Microphone That Has Already Been Installed:
- Ensure proper connection between the PC and the microphone.
- Click on start and go to settings.
- Just like before, click on the system & open the sound settings.
- Check the input from the Sound settings.
- Observe carefully if the blue bar moves (rises and falls) while you speak through the mic.
- If not, you have to go for further troubleshooting.
How to enable a microphone?
- Tap on the start button on your PC and go to settings.
- Open the privacy option and click on the microphone.
- Now enable the microphone by giving it access to your laptop or computer.
Where does the USB Mic plug into the computer?
USB mics are plugged into the USB port of the computer. If you check out a desktop, you will notice two or more ports on the anterior as well as posterior aspects. You will find USB ports on the left & right sides of the laptop.
Can you plug a mic into a laptop headphone jack?
Nowadays, most laptops and computers feature a single integrated audio jack to plug headphones as well as microphones.
Can I connect the mic to the AUX input?
Yes, it’s indeed possible. However, you will require a pre-amplifier as aux-inputs work with only amplified signals.
Why is my computer mic not working?
- If the microphone is not working, check out –
- The connection between the microphone & the PC.
- Increase the volume.
- Place the microphone properly.
How To Connect Karaoke Mic To Computer? After going through our content till now, I believe setting up your microphone with the computer doesn’t seem as tricky as before. It’s totally a piece of cake once you get the basics. So, are you ready to enjoy some fun karaoke with your own microphone and laptop?