Table of Contents
Podcasting was once seen as a dying medium, but it has made a comeback in recent years. There are many reasons for this, but the most important one is that people are now more likely to consume content on their mobile devices than ever before. And since podcasts can be downloaded and listened to at any time, they are the perfect format for busy people who want to stay informed and entertained while on the go.
In addition, there are now more podcasts available on a wider range of topics than ever before, so there is something for everyone. Finally, thanks to social media, it is easier than ever to find and share new podcasts with friends and followers.
Podcasting is making a comeback because it’s an intimate and personal way to connect with an audience. It’s also a great way to build a loyal following and create meaningful content. Here are three reasons why podcasting is making a comeback:
1. Podcasts are intimate and personal. When you listen to a podcast, you feel like you’re having a conversation with the host. It’s much more intimate than other forms of media, and it allows you to really connect with the host on a personal level. This intimacy is one of the main reasons why people are drawn to podcasts.
2. Podcasts allow you to build a loyal following. If people enjoy your podcast, they’re likely to become loyal fans who will follow you for years to come. This loyalty is something that can be hard to come by in other forms of media, but it’s one of the hallmarks of successful podcasts.
3. Podcasts give you the opportunity to create meaningful content. Podcasts offer hosts the chance to really dive deep into topics and explore them in-depth. This means that your listeners will walk away from each episode feeling like they’ve learned something new or gained valuable insights into whatever topic you’re discussing.
The Podcasting Comeback with Doug Newsom
1) What is Podcasting
Podcasting is a method of publishing audio or video content online, typically as part of a series, and usually available for download so that people can listen to or watch it at their convenience. The term “podcast” comes from the combination of two words: “pod” from iPod (a MP3 player made by Apple) and “cast” from broadcasting. So, a podcast is like a radio show that you can listen to at any time you want on your computer or phone.
2) What are some of the benefits of podcasting.
Some benefits of Podcasting: Podcasts are convenient because people can listen to them while doing other things, such as commuting, exercising, or cooking dinner. Podcasts are also portable, so people can take them with them wherever they go.
Another benefit of podcasts is that they’re usually free to download and listen to. Finally, podcasts offer listeners a way to connect with content creators and other listeners who have similar interests.
3) How Can One Start Their Own Podcast?
Starting your own podcast is easier than you might think! All you need is a microphone, some recording software (like GarageBand or Audacity), and something interesting to say. Once you’ve recorded your episodes, you’ll need to upload them to a hosting site (like Libsyn or Podbean) and create an RSS feed.
Then you just submit your RSS feed to iTunes and other directories, and people will be able to find and subscribe to your show!
While many people thought podcasting was a dying trend, it has actually made a strong comeback in recent years. One of the main reasons for this is that podcasts are now much easier to produce and distribute than they were in the past. In addition, there are more platforms available for listening to podcasts, including smartphones and smart speakers.
And finally, people are increasingly looking for on-demand content that they can consume at their own pace.