Table of Contents
My iphone died and wont turn back on! If your iphone won’t turn back on after dying, try performing a hard reset by holding down the power and home button simultaneously for at least 10 seconds. Dealing with a dead iphone can be frustrating and stressful, especially if you rely on it for everyday use.
Unfortunately, it’s not uncommon for iphones to die and refuse to turn back on. The good news is that there are a few quick and easy solutions that you can try before considering more drastic measures. In this article, we’ll take a look at some common reasons why iphones die and won’t turn on, and walk you through the steps you can take to bring your device back to life.
Whether your phone has suffered water damage or simply ran out of battery, we’ve got you covered.
Understanding The Common Causes Of Iphone Death
A sudden iphone death can be a real nightmare, especially if you rely on your phone for work or personal use. There could be several reasons why your iphone won’t turn back on. Understanding the common causes can help you prevent these problems from happening in the future.
We will explore why iphones suddenly die and the common symptoms associated with iphone failure.
Exploring Why Iphones Die Suddenly
There are several reasons why your iphone might suddenly die and refuse to turn back on. Some of these include:
- Insufficient battery life: If your iphone has low battery, it might shut down suddenly and refuse to turn back on. This usually happens when the battery is below 5%.
- Software problems: Iphone software might crash unexpectedly, causing the phone to shut down abruptly. This usually happens when there’s a bug in the app or the iphone’s operating system.
- Hardware issues: If your iphone has a damaged component, such as a faulty battery, charging port, or power button, it might refuse to turn on.
- Water damage: Accidental water damage can cause your iphone to stop working completely. Always make sure to keep your iphone away from water.
A Quick Look At The Common Symptoms
Here are some of the common symptoms of iphone failure:
- Your iphone won’t turn on, even when you press the power button.
- The screen remains black or blank.
- The apple logo appears, and then the iphone shuts down again.
- The iphone gets stuck on the apple logo or a blank screen.
- The iphone turns on, but the screen is unresponsive.
If you encounter any of these symptoms, there’s a possibility that your iphone has died suddenly. You can try some basic troubleshooting steps, such as charging your iphone or restarting it, to see if it turns back on. If these steps don’t work, you might need to seek professional help.
Understanding the common causes of iphone death can help you identify and prevent future problems. Make sure to take care of your iphone by keeping it charged, avoiding water damage, and seeking professional help if you detect any hardware issues.
Initial Steps To Take When Your Iphone Dies
My Iphone Died And Wont Turn Back On: Initial Steps To Take When Your Iphone Dies
Have you ever experienced the frustration of your iphone suddenly dying on you? It can be daunting, but don’t fret because we’re here to help you. Here are some initial steps you can take when your iphone dies.
Basic Troubleshooting Tips For A Dead Iphone
Before taking any other drastic measures, try these basic troubleshooting tips to bring back your iphone to life:
- Check the charging cable and port to ensure they’re not damaged or dirty. Clean them lightly with a fine brush or cloth.
- Connect your iphone to a power source to start charging. Leave it charging for about 30 minutes.
- Press and hold the power button as this may restart the device.
- If you can see the battery indicator appear on the screen, leave your iphone connected to the charger until it’s fully charged.
- Reboot your phone by pressing and holding both the home button and the power button for 10 seconds or until the apple logo appears.
Safe Ways To Restart Your Iphone
If none of the basic troubleshooting tips work, you may need to try to restart your iphone. Here are a few safe ways of doing this:
- Soft reset: Press and hold both the power button and home button until the apple-logo appears.
- Hard reset: Depending on the model of your iphone, follow these steps:
- For iphone 11 or later: Press the volume up button, then quickly press the volume down button, and then press and hold the power button until the apple-logo appears.
- For iphone x or earlier: Press and hold both the power button and volume down button until the apple-logo appears.
- Dfu (device firmware update) mode: Connect your iphone to your computer, open itunes, and then follow the prompts to put your iphone in dfu mode. This is recommended only as a last resort.
Read Carefully: Iphone Volume Too Low
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Dealing With A Dead Iphone
When dealing with a dead iphone, there are some common mistakes you should avoid:
- Don’t perform a hard reset too frequently or for too long as it may damage your iphone’s hardware.
- Don’t use any tools or methods that are not recommended by apple as they may cause irreparable damage to your iphone.
- Don’t open your iphone as this may invalidate your warranty or cause further damage to your device.
- Don’t panic and rush to replace your iphone before trying all the basic troubleshooting tips and safe restarting methods mentioned above.
Remember, if your iphone still doesn’t turn on after trying all these steps, take it to an apple store for professional assistance and repair. We hope these initial steps can help you bring back your iphone to life. Stay calm and patient.
Quick Fixes For A Dead Iphone
If your iphone is dead and won’t turn back on, don’t panic. There are a few quick fixes that you can try before taking a trip to the apple store. Here are some simple solutions that might just get your iphone back up and running again.
Checking The Battery Life Of Your Iphone
The first thing that you should do is check the battery life of your iphone. It might seem obvious, but sometimes the battery can drain completely, and your iphone won’t turn on because of it. Here are some quick steps to check your iphone’s battery life:
- Press and hold the power button located on the top or side of your iphone.
- If the battery is completely drained, you should see a blank screen. Leave your iphone plugged in for at least 15 minutes to ensure it has enough charge.
- If your iphone battery has some remaining charge, you should see the apple logo appear on the screen.
Resetting Your Iphone To Its Factory Settings
If your iphone still won’t turn on after checking the battery, the next step is to reset it to its factory settings. This will erase all your data and settings, so make sure to create a backup before you perform this step.
Here’s how you can reset your iphone:
- Connect your i-phone to a computer and launch itunes.
- Press and hold the home button located at the bottom of your iphone while you connect the device to the computer.
- Keep holding the home button until you see the connect to itunes screen.
- Select your iphone in itunes and click on ‘restore iphone.’
Restoring Your Iphone From A Recent Backup
If you’ve backed up your iphone in the past using icloud or itunes, you can try restoring your iphone from the most recent backup. Here are the steps to restore your iphone:
- Connect your i-phone to a computer and launch itunes.
- Select your iphone in itunes and click on ‘restore backup.’
- Choose the most recent backup that you want to restore and wait for the process to complete.
Updating Your Iphone’S Operating System
If none of the above steps work, you can try updating your iphone’s operating system. Apple frequently releases updates that can fix bugs and performance issues. Here’s how to update your iphone:
- Connect your iphone to a wi-fi network.
- Go to ‘settings’ > ‘general’ > ‘software update’ to check for updates.
- If there’s an update available, click on ‘download and install.’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the update.
There are several things that you can try when your iphone dies and won’t turn back on. Always start with the simplest solution, such as checking the battery, before moving on to more complicated fixes like resetting your iphone to its factory settings or restoring it from a backup.
Updating your iphone’s operating system might also help fix any issues that you’re experiencing. Try these quick fixes before heading to the apple store, and you might just be able to revive your dead iphone.
Also read: My iPhone Screen Is Black
Advanced Solutions To Revive A Dead Iphone
As iphones have become an integral part of our lives, it can be incredibly frustrating when they suddenly stop working. An iphone that won’t turn back on is one of the most vexing issues. Not only does it lead to a loss of connectivity and important data, but it can also cause panic and anxiety.
Luckily, there are advanced solutions to revive your dead iphone. We will explore the three main options: taking your iphone to an authorised service centre, replacing your iphone’s battery, and repairing your iphone’s logic board. In addition, we will also discuss ways to retrieve data from a dead iphone.
Taking Your Iphone To An Authorised Service Centre
If you are worried that your iphone has stopped working and won’t turn back on, you should opt for this option. Here are some key points to consider:
- If your iphone is still under warranty, visiting an authorised service centre is your best bet. They will be able to provide technical assistance and repair services to get your phone back up and running.
- An authorised service centre will provide you with a detailed diagnosis of the problem, along with an estimated cost for any repairs that may be required.
- If your iphone is not under warranty, it may still be possible to get it repaired for a fee at an authorised service centre.
Replacing Your Iphone’S Battery
If your iphone is not turning back on, it may be due to a faulty battery. Here are some crucial steps to consider:
- The first thing you should do is to check if your iphone’s battery is still working by connecting it to a charger. If it’s, allow the phone to charge for at least half an hour before attempting to turn it on.
- If the problem persists, you may want to consider replacing the battery of your iphone. This is a relatively simple process that can be carried out by an authorised third-party professional.
- Replacing your iphone’s battery can help solve specific battery-related issues such as swelling or short-circuiting.
Repairing Your Iphone’S Logic Board
If your iphone doesn’t turn back on and the battery is not the problem, it’s possible that there’s a problem with the logic board. This is where your iphone’s processor, ram, and other significant components are located. Here are some crucial steps to consider:
- If your iphone’s logic board is damaged, you may need to have it repaired or replaced by professional technicians.
- In most situations, repairing or replacing your iphone’s logic board is a technical process that requires specialized tools and expertise.
- The cost of repairing or replacing your iphone’s logic board varies depending on the specific issues and extent of the damage.
Retrieving Data From A Dead Iphone
Losing data can be one of the most frustrating aspects of a dead iphone. However, with the right tools and expertise, you can still retrieve your essential data from a dead iphone. Here are some key points to consider:
- If you have enabled icloud backup, restoring your device from an icloud backup is the simplest method to retrieve your data.
- You can still retrieve data from your dead iphone even if you don’t have an icloud backup. However, doing so requires the assistance of data recovery professionals.
- A professional data recovery service can provide assistance in retrieving data from your iphone, including photos, documents, and contacts.
If your iphone has stopped functioning, don’t panic. These advanced solutions will help you revive your iphone or retrieve crucial data. Whether you need to take your iphone to an authorized service centre, replace your iphone’s battery, repair your iphone’s logic board, or retrieve data from a dead iphone, there’s always hope to get your iphone back up and running.
Frequently Asked Questions For My Iphone Died And Wont Turn Back On!
How Do I Know If My Iphone Is Completely Dead?
One way to know if your iphone is completely dead is by connecting it to a charger. If it shows a charging symbol, it may be a battery issue. If it doesn’t show any symbol, then it might be a hardware issue.
How Long Should I Charge My Iphone Before Trying To Turn It On?
It is recommended to charge your iphone for at least 30 minutes before trying to turn it on. Charging for more than one hour without any response means that your phone has some other issue that needs to be addressed.
Can I Fix My Iphone If It Won’T Turn Back On?
Some common solutions to try are connecting to a charger, force restarting, or restoring your iphone. If none of these work, it may be time to take it to a professional repair service as there could be an issue with the hardware.
Losing access to our virtual life on our phones is a nightmare that no one wants to experience. Unfortunately, iphones, like all other electronic devices, tend to malfunction, and the worst possible issue to face is a dead phone that won’t turn on.
In this case, the first step is not to panic, but instead, to troubleshoot the problem by following the steps we’ve highlighted in this post. Remember, a major factor in fixing your dead iphone is identifying the problem, and thankfully, most of the issues can be resolved by a few simple steps.
However, if none of the solutions we’ve mentioned work, it’s best to seek professional assistance to avoid causing any further damage to your device. We hope this post helps bring your iphone back to life.